Here is a list of things I have done while waiting for summer:
- I left my winter boots in another city in order to protest the weather. It’s worked out great so far. Really feel like the gesture sent a message.
- On that note, I spend at least 5 minutes a day trying on my summer sandals. They look nice.
- I made a playlist called “Let’s just pretend it’s summer right now. Is everyone cool with that? Should we take a vote? Looks like everybody’s into it. Sweet. Here are some summer songs.”
- I have shut the blinds of my apartment whenever the weather looks like the opposite of summer. Out of sight, out of (seriously deluded) mind.
- I researched sangria recipes. I have not made my own sangria yet but I feel ready.
- I purchased sunblock.
- I have sketched out my dream patio. It’s got room for a barbeque (does anybody know how to operate a barbeque), a few comfortable chairs, and a decorative statue of George Clooney giving everyone a thumbs up.
- I have photographed grass.
- I’ve gone for long walks without a warm hat. Sometimes, when I feel ballsy, I leave the gloves at home, too.
- I’ve made a list of things I have done while waiting for summer.